Reliable radio communications forms an integral part of the transportation and logistics industry. Railways, port authorities and airports depend on voice communication networks to control and coordinate the many facets of their business. Railway services need communications between the control centers and the shunting staff, the train crews and other track side personnel. Airports need to coordinate ground operations, from security to maintenance to ticketing and baggage handling. Port authorities need to coordinate shipping traffic, loading and unloading of cargo, security, road and rail transport ensuring the safety of people and the environment. Commonly, all need the ability to communicate with emergency services and Federal Police.
Whilst two-way radio is often the primary communications medium, telephone access is also required. The key, therefore, is to integrate the available communications mediums in a simple and intuitive manner, controlled from a reliable and efficient radio management system.
Omnitronics provides a number of solutions to meet these needs:
- The 619 Range of Audio Bridges enables interoperability between frequency bands and provide a simple way of rebanding and/or narrowbanding a network
- The IPR Range of VoIP adapters/gateways for connecting existing Analog Equipment via an IP network and providing the number of benefits RoIP gives organizations.
- The DX-Altus Radio Management System which provides phased upgrades from analog to digital protocols, interoperability between protocols and complete redundancy, amongst many other benefits.
- The DX-Altus is also compatible with features such as Remote Channel Change, ATIS and Voting. All important features to ensure efficient communications.
The types of Utilities organizations Omnitronics can provide solutions for include:
- Communications and Dispatch Centers
- Aviation Authorities
- Port Authorities
- Road Freight
- Fleet Management
For examples of our solutions, see our Case Studies.