Reliable radio communications forms an integral part of the maritime industry. Port Authorities, Sea Rescue Services and Surf Life Saving organizations depend on voice communication networks to control and coordinate the many facets of their business. Port authorities need to coordinate shipping traffic, loading and unloading of cargo, security, road and rail transport ensuring the safety of people and the environment. Sea Rescue Services and Surf Life Savers need to respond to emergency situations quickly and safely.
The key is to integrate all the available communications mediums in a simple and intuitive manner, controlled from a reliable and efficient radio management system.
Omnitronics provides a number of solutions to meet these needs:
- The 619 Range of Audio Bridges enables interoperability between frequency bands and provide a simple way of rebanding and/or narrowbanding a network
- The IPR Range of VoIP adapters/gateways for connecting existing Analog Equipment via an IP network and providing the number of benefits RoIP gives organizations.
- The DX-Altus Radio Management System which provides phased upgrades from analog to digital protocols, interoperability between protocols and complete redundancy, amongst many other benefits.
- The DX-Altus is also compatible with features such as Remote Channel Change, ATIS, Night Mode and Rapid Recall. All important features to ensure efficient communications and quick response.
- RediTALK dispatch console for smaller organizations or those wanting a simple, IP-based backup for the main DX-Altus system.
The types of Maritime organizations Omnitronics can provide solutions for includes:
- Communications and Dispatch Centers
- Port Authorities
- Vessel Traffic Services
- Sea Rescue
- Surf Life Saving
For examples of our solutions, see our Case Studies.